I saw my knee doc on Wednesday. Here's the Good News: I haven't lost any flexibility since my last appointment. I still have 70 degrees of bend. Here's the Better News: he agreed to do the scar-removal surgery! I thought I was going to have to wait until summer, and I was going to try to force the issue at this visit, but I didn't have to. He brought it up himself. Yay! If I can get to and maintain 90° and get my extension down to 0, I'll be happy.
I'm also going to try to get admitted to in-patient rehab for at least a week or two. Now that we know I'm a 'scar-tissue-former' (it's called athrofibrosis) we need to attack this aggressively. Yuck.